Caliber is a powerful free e-book manager that provides ample opportunities for organizing a library. Also Caliber allows you to convert e-books from one format to another, which allows you to convert PDF, RTF, ODT, HTML, etc. files into formats suitable for reading on various portable devices.
With the help of Caliber you can read books, edit their metadata and covers, transfer files to connected devices and perform many other operations. The program supports all the most popular formats of electronic books and can work with a variety of readers, ranging from Amazon Kindle to Android-based smartphones.
Main features of Caliber:
- Support for FB2, HTML, AZW, AZW1, CBR, CBZ, CHM, EPUB, IMP, LIT, LRF, LRX, MOBI, ODT, OEBZIP, OPF, PDB, PDF, PML, PMLZ, PRC, RAR, RB, RTF formats , SNB, TPZ, TXT …
- Ability to view books in ZIP archives.
- Built-in application E-book viewer, which allows you to read electronic books of some formats directly in Caliber.
- Database with information about added books: title, author, release date, publisher, cover, score, tags.
- Ability to expand the program with plug-ins.
- Search e-books in online libraries and stores.
- Obtaining information from the Internet using ISBN.
- Aggregator of news from the most popular online publications.
- Content server for online access to the user library.
Changes in the latest version (revision history)
List of books. Allows you to change the font used for any column, bold and / or italic, by right-clicking on the column header and selecting «Change font style.»
fetch-ebook-metadata.exe: It is allowed to specify identifiers other than ISBN.
Loading metadata Amazon: added support for Amazon Australia (you can configure it through Preferences-> Metadata download-> configure the amazon metadata source).
Table of contents. Edit tool. When generating from XPath, add a checkbox to control the addition of duplicate entries at the same level.
Edit the book: it is allowed to disable the pop-up window to display the changes after running the Fix HTML tools and Beautify all files.
Log DOCX: captures the numbers in new Word documents that are duplicated.
Content server. Offline access is disabled if the application cache is not available, and not crashed.
DOCX output: a workaround for broken CSS that uses -o-pre-wrap for the white-space property.
Downloading metadata: the search option for the first release dates has been removed, because the service used to retrieve the data no longer exists.
Improved news sources.